Skip to main content

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 9

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 9

   Pran l talk

   I gotta admit that in the past few days I was angry with him so angry that I didn't even want to look at his face but other than that I was annoyed with myself.

   I'm frustrated that I can't control my emotions and words. So, I just want to spend a little more time with myself.

   I want to deal with my own thoughts, because I know that they are not making sense right now.

   I'm not satisfied with him and thinking about him in a bad light, I want to at least be calmer. So that the emotions do not collide until the heart is broken to the side like the day before

   But from that action now… this idiot wouldn't understand.

   I was held by my neck and pulled towards him and my lips pounded so hard that my eyes opened wide.

   I felt a sharp tooth biting in my lower lip, and I felt a sharp pain on the side of my cheek due to the force applied to it.

   I tried to hold him out but I don't know where he got so much strength that I could hold all my movements with just two arms.

   How long has it been since I've really fought him? But now I'm mad like crazy.

   The moment he turned away and said the words that made me cry tears of anger.

   “Ask yourself? Who did you come to nosy about me going with? Did you protest because Pa asked, or were you… jealous of your own?”

   The smile that raised only the corner of my mouth was like a signal that caused me to lose consciousness.

   bang!!

   I drew a punch that hit the ridge of the other person's jaw with great force. Reluctantly, before I kicked his stomach in front of him until he jumped out of the door.

   “You go far from my feet, Pat!!”

   Bang!!!

   The wooden door slammed shut so loud the ceiling shook with it and the bottle in the nearby cupboard rolled down and crashed to the floor. The lid opened and the inside was scattered.

   It looked as messy as I felt, I could feel the throbbing nerves in my lower lip.

   I licked my lips that had been swollen from the incident just a moment ago and frowned.

   Bang!

   “Damn!!”

   I slammed my arm against a nearby wall and cursed loudly with emotion. I collapsed onto the floor.

   I leaned back against the door and looked up at the ceiling, feeling the heat in my eyes but no tears came out.

   That Pat fucking kiss me…what the heck is this?

   ***

   After submitting the study model and thesis topic and obtaining the advisor's signature. I started planning to work in time for the second presentation.

   As the faster the time passed, the more friends who had not yet passed the topic, the more lobbying towards the professor. Kai and Golf have been gone for days and I haven’t seen most of my friends.

   I met the professor twice in the last two days and saw how much the PLANS had earned and how much the professor had rejected them. So had to call seniors to ask for PLANS and what can I do to improve them

   During this time, our schedule is mostly empty because only the thesis is ten credits.

   So, I spent my time working and finding the professor's free schedule to do a MODEL INSPECTION. Today I have been sitting in the university library since afternoon.

   “Pran! You're really here too.”

   When I looked up at the sound of the call, I saw Wayakorn walking with a distant smile.

   “Have you finished checking the topic?”

   He nodded with a smile, “Am done.”

   “Smile like this, you must have good news.”

   “Yes! I passed! Dude, my knees are weak,” he said, sliding the chair next to me and moving to sit down. I smiled in response and shifted my eyes to the same book.

   “Pran…”

   “um”

   “During this time, the work is not as you wished.”

   “No.” I took my eyes off the thick book full of human-to-thing proportions. I have an English language as an explanation raft on the side. I turned to look at the person asking, “Why?”

   Wayakorn gave me a dry smile, his face had less scars. But the corner of the mouth was still purple and the fresh wound started to scab.

   As for the cheekbones area, there was only a small medicated plaster and instead of the large gauze bandage like a few days ago.

   “Your friends are all scared of you! You have been sending some destructive aura all the time like this.”

   “…There is nothing wrong with me.”

   “But he's been a few days, what's up with you, can you tell me?”

   “Hey, hey, I'm fine… just bored.”

   “What are you bored of? If not, that's fine. But I don't know if I thought to myself that you've been weird since last time when things got serious.”

   I froze, thinking about the picture that Napat was madly punching my friend. The image of me trying to hold him back until I was hit hard on the cheek.

   The sight of me and him arguing so intensely that it was heartbreaking. The sight of us meeting each other's eyes and walking in different directions without smiling or looking fiercely at each other like we used to.

   And the crazy thing that happened three days ago...

   “I'm just bored… bored of fighting.”

   “Pran!” I don't know if my expression is so bad. The other party's voice softened as he called out my name like this, “I'm sorry.”

   “You apologizing to me about what?” I turned to look at the contrite face of the other party and laughed, “Why would you make a remorseful face at me?”

   Even the person who should apologize

   “I was impatient.”

   “I'm not mad at you, it's not anyone's fault.” I shook my head, closed the book, “but I'm just really tired of fighting.”

   “I know!”

   I nodded to let him know I wouldn't say anything else, lowering my head to read the book again.

   “Would you like to go for a drink this evening?”

   Hey, didn't you listen to what I said just now, “Every time you drink alcohol, there's always a fight.”

   “Go on, we gotta relax. Once the topic has passed, we have to work hard all day and night and let's leave the ghost behind.” He smiled, “I promise I won't have another fight this time.”

   “Where is it forbidden? You know.”

   “How can I prove that I am not impatient anymore?”

   “…it depends on you.”

   I parted with Wai in front of the dormitory and we agreed to meet in front of our dormitory at 7:30 PM.

   I carried the scrolls and books borrowed from the library up the elevator. As soon as I walked into the room, I saw Napapa open the door.

   “Oh Phii Pran”

   Her sweet voice greeted me and she gave me a wide smile. It's a cute smile that doesn't look like an annoying smile of a person, her brother.

   I smiled back affectionately, “You skipped class?”

   “Today I don't have any afternoon classes. I come back to get things from my room, I'll go out and watch an evening movie with my friends.”

   “And how did you leave?”

   “Taxi”, the younger replied, her hand unlocked the room key, “I am meeting a friend under the dormitory.”

   “Do you need me to send you?”

   “No need! No need.” She refused and waved her hands around in a frantic way. To me, Napapa is always cute. Can't imagine her standing with her arms crossed and scolding Pat like a mother tiger. Ever since I can remember, she has always been gentle and polite to me, probably because of the childhood drowning incident that caused me.

   I really thought of her as my little sister, probably the same feeling that the other party also referred to me as her brother.

   “So have a good trip.”

   “Phii Pran?”

   “Huh?” I raised an eyebrow. A sweet smile appeared from the corners of his mouth, a worried expression appeared instead, “Is something wrong?”

   “Phii Pran, you still haven't reconciled with Phii Pat…”

   “…”

   “You are very angry with Phii Pat?”

   I pursed my lips in a straight line, closing my eyes slightly.

   “A few days ago, Phii Pat came back to bed but came back late and drank heavily almost every day. I complained about anything but he kept quiet…not like the same Phii Pat at all.” Napapa said at length, her tone sounded a bit tense. Hey, Pat, do you know that your little sister loves you this much? She's upset because you are having fights, “I'm worried about Phii Pat.”

   I remained silent, not knowing what to say and I couldn't think of words to comfort her.

   Because this time it's not about anyone else, but it's about half of me involved.

   “I know Phii Pat is a no-nonsense person, sucks, spoiled, narcissistic, good, but likes to fight you, Phii Pran.”

   Uh huh… cursing harder than me, his little sister.

   “But for Phii Pat…Phii Pran, you are very important.”

   At this point, my heart skipped a beat. I felt strange but inexplicable, my heart pounding until it became annoying.

   I can't remember the last time I made eye contact with Napat. Because these past three or four days, whenever we meet by chance, I tend to hurriedly walk away.

   Otherwise, he quickly opened the door when he met him in front of the room, unable to get close.

   It's called hiding and not arguing, but right now I'm not ready to talk with him.

   “I know! Pa, you go and enjoy the movie. Take care of yourself and don't be late.”

   “Because Phii Pran is so cute like this.” That voice sounded a little worried. A smile returned to the corner of her mouth, “I get angry with my brother whenever Phii Pran gets upset.”

   “See me, I don't have snacks for you.”

   “I don't want snacks, I'll be fat.” I glanced at the other party's waist, it was so small that I could almost touch my fingertips, “Phii Pran, can I ask you to forgive Phii Pat, is that enough?”

   I reached out to rub her hair gently and smiled at her reassuringly, “Go to the movies! Wait, your friend is waiting.”

   “See you later, Phii Pran.”

   I nodded, watching until Napapa disappeared into the elevator hall, so I opened the door to my room.

   When I entered the room, I unbuttoned the student's shirt, took it off and threw it into a basket of used clothes.

   After casually unbuckling the buckle and laying down on the sofa, I raised both arms to support my head.

   Napat is someone I grew up with and went through a lot of stories, even though I didn't mean to say it, but in the end, he became someone who knew each other better than anyone.

   He knew first what I wanted to study in university. No different than I knew where the university he was aiming for and many times we decided on the same.

   And it's not less that it's hard to argue than anyone who imitates anyone. We know our hearts to the extent that we look at each other and understand what we're thinking.

   To be able to make eye contact and be able to explain feelings of another person without interpreting it, hate each other, fight each other, scold each other.

   But we have become each other's last refuge. Many times, I look at him when I treat his wounds and ask myself what is he really to me?

   The two of us are not friends like ordinary people are.

   He's not the best friend I will go anywhere with, to eat together or go out and have fun together anywhere freely.

   Even so, we weren't even really enemies. As far as I can remember, I've only eaten out with him once.

   It was late at night and far enough to be certain that no one who knew us had seen it.

   It was a strange relationship that couldn't be explained, until time passed and that ambiguity became something I was used to…

   Used to have the other side around, arguing and scolding around like that without each other being able to hold back or get angry at each other.

   I looked out of the window and saw white clouds floating in the wide sky, letting my thoughts fly away.

   “So many people,” I said, after swiping around the store and still couldn't find an empty table.

   “It's you! It's almost half an hour until you arrive late.”

   “I fell asleep, sorry.”

   “Ah…that's it! The table is empty.”

   Wayakorn pointed to a corner of the shop where there was a small table that could seat no more than four people. He grabbed my arm and dragged me in.

   We sat down in a chair and raised our hands to call the waiter to order our usual food items.

   Soon, the desired item was placed in front of me. He and I picked up a glass of ice-filled liqueur for ourselves and smashed them together as a ceremony.

   Usually, many of us come to the liquor store and laugh. Have fun as a group of male friends

   But when two people come together without calling anyone more, the meaning is to let go of some thoughts that are messing in your head.

   Wayakorn usually invited me to talk periodically, but not all the time. He spared some time for me to sit quietly with myself.

   Occasionally raising a glass, he seems to say that he's not going anywhere.

   When we come to a liquor store, besides having to drink alcohol, beautiful women are probably indispensable companions. But I don't care about these things.

   Maybe because I'm a very serious person. So, I don't feel like having a relationship with anyone.

   It can be said that I can't find someone I like enough to be fascinated with.

   Many times, the girls come to visit me to get to know me.

   But when I felt that I didn't play with instead, he turned his attention to the other friends in the group.

   But with Pat being good-natured, not flirtatious but not difficult to approach.

   To put it simply, visualize what kind of person Napat is…I'm the complete opposite of him.

   I stopped the hand that was about to raise the glass as I met his eyes with the person, I had thought a while ago.

   Napat sat frowning, looking from there since when, I don't know.

   Here it is… even though I don't want to see his face. This freaky fucked-up world always threw me and him together.

   Beside him, there was a beautiful girl hugging her arm sitting not far away. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same person Napapa ran to complain the other day.

   Nat Lee from the Science faculty, many people around me told me that this woman is extraordinary. If she thought she would catch someone she bit and never let go.

   I shook my head at the same idiot who had been fooled by hundreds of thousands of women. No matter when, he was never smart enough to protect himself from gold diggers.

   His fierce eyes stared at me, but thick hands stroked back and forth on his thin waist. He lowered his head until his nose touched the head of the person beside him.

   Nat giggled, squeezing in until she sat on her lap, and her white hands wrapped around Napat's chest and neck.

   I shifted my gaze back to Wayakorn when the two over there almost took off their opponent's shirts and merged into one.

   “What's wrong with you?” asked the other, and tilted his head slightly to look into my eyes.

   “It's okay.”

   “Your face isn't very good, you drank too much,” he said, reaching for the glass from my hand. I didn't know that I was so stumped.

   “Um,” I groaned and raised my hand to massage my temples, “I'm tired.”

   “Are you okay? Wanna go back?”

   “You can sit and eat a little longer.”

   “How? How about you? Take a look in the mirror? Your face is as red as boiled shrimp.”

   I just smiled at the other party, I felt heavy in my head as if I was sick, my chest discomfort increased like someone allergic to alcohol.

   “Then go back, I will send you to the dormitory.”

   I nodded. Wayakorn raised his hand to call the staff to collect the money. The two of us walked out of the store and I didn't look back at the person over there.

   TBC

   Behind the curtain l Behind the scenes

 

Behind the Scenes: MAINPAGE

OTHER TRANSLATIONS

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of Yanxi Palace, Chapter 40: The Vicious Dog

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 15