Skip to main content

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 15

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 15

   Pran l talk

   Whenever I looked, Pat's near-sleeping daze terrified me.

   I really wanted to step on the accelerator to the fullest to get the person next to me to the hospital as quickly as possible but I couldn't because my legs were trembling for fear that the car would overturn before I could take him to the hospital.

   In the end, I could only hold the steering wheel and keep my consciousness and look straight ahead, driving as fast as I could.

   I held Pat's hand tightly and squeezed it so I could feel the pulse passing under the skin and the throbbing touch between the finger grooves made me feel more hydrated.

   At least he wasn't asleep, at least he was still with me.

   After we arrived at the hospital, I went straight to the front door and immediately opened the door and jumped out of the car and helped the men who were gathered to bring Pat to bed.

   His eyes were half closed now, there was blood all over the back of his shirt. I hurriedly parked the car on the side as the nurse told me.

   And ran after him to the emergency room, the moment I saw the door close, tears filled my eyes and felt my heart being squeezed so hard that it hurt my whole chest.

   Goosebumps flashed as if I was about to lose him. I shook my head, dismissed the stupid idea and went to sit in the chair.

   I had to open both of my hands and lingered for a long time, and the warmth of the moment that held them tightly remained stuck, not fading away.

   I clasped my hands together, filling in the fissures that I now feel clumsier. Counting to one, two, three, trying to convince myself that it's okay.

   Because right now someone like me... can only wait.

   For more than an hour I sat in front of the emergency room squeezing my hands trembling before getting up so quickly that I almost stumbled when the doctor walked out the door.

   As a result, he had to get ten stitches, had to have a CT scan and admin to wait for symptoms. I wasn't sure if there was anything else besides the wound on the outside.

   The occipital region is one of the most dangerous points in the body, which I already know.

   And I also know that this kind of situation is none other than…except myself.

   “Yeah!”

   I flinched, turning to look at the sick man lying on the bed. before rushing towards Napat opened his eyes to look at me.

   I had to smile happily and reach out to press the bell to call the nurse. Not long after, the night shift medical team came in.

   After examining and talking with the patient for a while, she briefly summarized it for me and repeated the other examinations discussed earlier before going back.

   After that I sent the entire medical team out of the room and walked back to stand at the bedside.

   “Pat!”

   “Pran…”

   I breathed out in relief as Pat called my name, I smiled and reached out to hold his hand, “How are you?”

   “Tight, my head hurts.”

   “They had to sew a lot of stitches, no more pain.”

   “I felt completely numb.”

   “Here, have some water first.” I said, setting the seat up a bit. I picked up the glass beside the bed and held it near his chin and passed the tube to the other person to suck.

   “Hey, what time is it…”

   “It's five in the morning, you slept for hours too.”

   “Then why don't you sleep?”

   “You haven't opened your eyes yet. How can I fall asleep?”

   After listening to me, his smile appeared at the corner of his mouth, but this time I didn't say it again, instead smiling gladly to see Napat still smiling like this.

   “Hey, I almost tried to say ‘Who are you?’ when I opened my eyes.” I narrowed my eyes at him wearily. Hey, do you know how I felt over the hours you were not awake? “But I'm afraid you won't take the joke and leave me.”

   “Even if you don't talk to me, I'm starting to want to leave.”

   “Cruel!”

   “Me being cruel to a madman like you doesn't count.”

   Napat laughed in a good mood and moved slightly and frowned like a headache.

   “Did you tell Pa?” His question slipped out in a mocking tone, thinking that the speaker had imagined his little sister hugging his giant face in his head.

   “I haven't told her yet; your sister will be worried.”

   “Good! You don't have to tell her It's just my head breaking. I'm thick skinned! You've told me that, right?”

   I sighed and shook my head, disagreeing with the other person's joking words.

   “I'm not feeling funny, Pat. Do you think it would be worse? Here the doctor told me that I lost a lot of blood. What if we come to the hospital later than this? I don't even want to think about it.”

   “Pran!”

   “I don't like that you always see it as a joke, you have a habit of doing it first and then thinking later, can you quit?”

   “Pran...”

   “At least you're scared a bit.”

   “I'm scared!”

   “…”

   “I am scared to lose you instead.”

   I pursed my lips and furrowed my brows meeting he and I's serious eyes, tears streaming down my face, “So, am I not scared?”

   “Don't make that face.” He reached out and grabbed my hand. I don't know how to make my face, but just seeing his worried face of someone who doesn't know the time and remembering, “I'm sorry to scare you.”

   “It's my fault!”

   “Don't say that!” The other party pulled me closer, but his strength was so low, he couldn't move my body. So, I can only relax and lean towards myself, “I want to go back to my room. Can we get out of the hospital right now?”

   I shook my head, “No! We have to look at the symptoms for another day. The doctor will ask you to do a CT Scan as well.”

   “Scan what? I don't.” His voice sounded panicked as soon as he heard the strange name.

   “Must do! In case you hit the inside! What's wrong with the bleeding in the brain?”

   “Hey, no, I don't want to, I'm fine, Pran.”

   “Can you do it to make me feel at ease?”

   “…”

   “Please help me not to worry! Do I have to worry all the time?”

   “…”

   “Pat”

   “...You say that, what else can I say?”

   I smiled at the corner of my mouth, looking at the other person who closed his eyes and looked down and frowned like a child.

   “Are you hungry?”

   “Hungry!”

   “Then I'll go down and buy...”

   “I'm hungry, come here.”

   “You still have the mood to play. People like you, even if they die, they won't stop.”

   “I don't die easily. At least until you die only then can I die!”

   I pursed my lips, wanted to smile, but was afraid of the other person.

   “Lie down and rest,” I said, moving the chair closer to the bed and being grabbed by the other's hand, “Here I am.”

   “Even if you want to go, I won't let you go.”

   I laughed, sat there and kept nodding my head. Pat looked at me with his eyes almost closed.

   I tightened my grip on the hand, alternating with my thumb gently stroking the back of his hand.

   I also fell asleep shortly after the injured person went to sleep. I was startled when doctors and nurses walked into the room.

   I had to wake up the drowsy Napat. In order to prepare for a CT scan, everything went according to the procedure with me not far away following Napat's instructions.

   Who knew someone like him was afraid of needles? When the doctor would pierce the arm to wait for the accelerator injection, he made a stressed face as if the world was about to explode.

   It only takes thirty minutes to scan. But from the face of the injured person, it would be like a day

   After scanning, Pat was completely exhausted, he could barely walk until I had to bring a wheelchair to him to sit as I brought him back to the room.

   After I opened the door, he complained that it was hot and cold for a few words, he went straight to the bathroom and vomited non-stop.

   His expression was so painful that I was worried too. The nurse said it was normal for symptoms after injection and within an hour it should have been better.

   which until the results of the examination came, the person who vomited until his stomach was completely vomited, fell asleep

   The results of the examination turned out to be satisfactory. I let out a long sigh after listening to the doctor saying nothing was wrong with the X-ray film.

   I lie down for a bit so when I wake up, I will have energy to go home. But looking at the weakness of the person in the bed, he would definitely go back to the dormitory in the evening.

   Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock

   There was a knock on the door four times in a row, completely out of the ordinary. What will knock a lot for?

   The door opened and a figure appeared who called my number almost an hour ago.

   “You're not dead, right?”

   I smile at the corner of my mouth at the rude greeting of my best friend and I glanced at the rice bag in the other's hand and couldn't hold back a smile.

   “What do you think? Come visit?”

   “Who told you I came to visit? I'm here to bring my car back,” Wayakorn said quickly, putting a bag in my hand in my hand, “then when I bought some rice to take home, I bought a lot and brought it for you.”

   “Oh, bring it to me.” I dragged my voice, opened the bag and looked, “and there were two more boxes.”

   “Don't make that face at me, Pran! I'm still angry with you for hiding things from me.”

   “But your face doesn't look like an angry person at all.”

   “Who said that? Frustrated, shit. Engineers are as good at drinking alcohol as they drink water.”

   “You talking as if you lost!”

   “Just a little bit, we'll recuperate the loss next time.”

   I smiled, feeling some change, “What? Hey, you fuckers! have you made an appointment to have a drink together with the engineering guys?”

   Wai shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes, he didn't answer, besides being naughty he was also in good form.

   “So, how is he?”

   “Okay! Just had a body scan. As a result, there is nothing to worry about.”

   “Really? And is this guy asleep?”

   “Um! he must be exhausted.”

   “So... what time are you guys going to leave the hospital?”

   “Maybe in the evening, I am waiting for him to wake up.”

   “Ugh. I'd better go back first, just come and see you.”

   “Thank you very much.”

   “I will help you! I did not come to help him.”

   “That's where I thank you.”

   “Um! I'm going.”

   “Hoy! And don't you want the car keys?” I called out, walked over to pick up the keys that were on the table for the owner, but his mouth sounded louder first.

   “Take that bastard back to your dorm, I'll go get that at your dorm soon.”

   “So, where did you tell me to come and get the car?”

   “I'm leaving, hurry home.”

   I smiled broadly when he changed the subject, couldn't have done it smoothly, nod my head and looked at the other party all the way to the door.

   before he chuckled as he heard the last sentence before the door closed.

   “Oh...then you don't have to worry about your friends, no one will get mad at you, Pran.”

   “Prannn.”

   “How is it going?”

   “I have a headache!”

   “How can it hurt! I've taken my medicine.” I took my eyes off my work, looked up at the man lying on the couch and kept calling my name nonstop since we came back from the hospital.

   “It hurts! When in doubt, give me a head massage.”

   “I massaged you for half an hour just now, let's do some work.”

   “Then let me lay your lap on the floor.”

   “Why do you want to go down and sleep on the floor? Just lie there and sleep well, don't move your head too much or you'll get wounded.”

   “Prannn!”

   “What else?”

   “Thirst!”

   “What about the bottle that was placed over there?”

   “I can't pick it up”

   “So, you're paralyzed, right?”

   “I'm in pain...”

   I let out a short snort and put the pencil down in complacency. I turned my head to look at the person who was stubborn and didn't give up.

   The clearly pretended pleading gaze didn't look pitiful at all, but in the end, I had to get up and sit on the edge of the same sofa.

   I took a bottle of water, opened it and handed it to him. But this retarded boy shook his head in disapproval.

   He opened his mouth and waited for me to open the cap of the bottle and handed the tube to suck like when he was in the hospital bed.

   I want to curse him for being stupid, but I'm selfish that he would do a CT scan without foolishness.

   “My lap is softer than a pillow.”

   “I can sleep much more comfortably.”

   I shook my head as Napat smiled, his eyes closed as he occupied my legs, and he reached out and hugged my back tightly.

   He refused to let me go to work. So, I sat there stroking the side of his head alternately with a gentle massage on the temples.

   I looked at the long hair that had been slightly shaved at the nape of the neck and said to him,

   “Did you cut your hair, Pat?”

   “Why did I cut it? Did not cut.”

   “Isn't it annoying? I don't like it. It's been bothering my eyes for a long time.”

   “I like to keep my hair long, it’s cool.”

   “It is dirty, the pool is not very well.”

   “Usually collect! very Baptist”

   “Do you misunderstand the word Baptist? It doesn't mean sloppy.”

   “I understand that it is cool.”

   “But I want you to cut.”

   “Aren't you afraid that I cut and become so handsome that girls will be addicted to me? You must wait until you're tired.”

   “Aside from being stupid, are you also narcissistic?”

   “Handsome and yet very attractive.”

   I rolled my eyes, stopping the hand that circled the other's brow, “You can go to sleep. It's late. Still haven't recovered. I need to rest.”

   “Sleep together!”

   “I have to work!”

   “I can't sleep without you by my side!”

   “I'll bring your rotten sister to you.”

   “Even if it's Nong Hom, I can't replace you.”

   I sighed, “You got hit on the head once, your brain is soft?”

   “I am sick, Pran…”

   “Are you crazy?”

   “Your unhealthy body wants you to be close to me.”

   Listening to the small and light squeezing sound of him and wanting to open his mouth, did someone tell you that it's good to do? Where did this misconception come from?

   “Don't be stupid, get up and go to bed. I have to work. Why won't it end?”

   “I'll help you tomorrow, can't you sleep with me tonight? I'm willing to do that damn scan. Don't you know how scary it is? I've never felt like dying before, I felt as if it was as if my soul had slipped out of my body.”

   “It's all for yourself.”

   “I don't know! I assume all I do is for you.”

   “You spoiled you.”

   “I want you to please that.”

   I laid my eyes on the man who lay on his lap and raised his eyes to rest, knowing that he was an idiot.

   And more than knowing that now my work is rushing like nothing, it's not the time to lie down and roll around and be comfortable.

   He had been unable to sleep for several days in a row despite having late-night sports practice because the deadline was getting closer and closer.

   But there was a fool who was such a spoiled brat in the room. If I had to give a hundred and eight thousand and nine reasons to pile up in front of me, it would have been rejected anyway.

   Wait for him to fall asleep and then come out and continue.

   Thinking that way, I nodded in agreement, giving a slight surrender smile.

   “Let's go to sleep so get up.”

   “Really?”

   “Will sleep or not sleep. If I don't sleep, I will continue to work.”

   “Go to sleep, oh”

   “Pat!” I called his name loudly. When this idiot came he quickly rose up. Ignoring the condition of his wounds and body, “How the hell did you get up so quickly?”

   “Ouch! It hurts, Pran.”

   “Stupid!” I said loudly, furrowing my brows tightly and moving closer, “Let me see, is the wound open?”

   I grabbed the other's shoulder and turned his back, after seeing no blood seeping from the gauze I was relieved, patting him on the back to turn around. When I saw him make a smile and I hit his face fiercely.

   “What is your smile for?”

   “Boyfriend is worried. How can you not make me smile?”

   “You still haven't finished playing, right? I'm going to hit the same wound again and again.

   “Pran will not hurt me.”

   “Would you like to try?”

   “Pran loves me to die.”

   “…”

   “It's embarrassing! Embarrassed, it's a horse!”

   “Shut your mouth.”

   “What are you embarrassed about, frowning every time? Don't think I can't get you! In the past, it was because you were embarrassed by me, right?”

   “Since you talk too much, go to bed alone. I'm going to work!”

   “Hey, hey, just kidding,” said a soft voice, grabbing my hand, “Let's go to sleep, I'm sleepy.”

   I narrowed my eyes at the annoying man. He made a remorseful face and nodded repeatedly, inviting me to sleep together.

   I let out a long breath, how many times of the day I don't know, walked to collect things casually enough to not make a mess.

   Then I turned off the light and took the injured man who was only three years old into the room to sleep. Even though at first, I intended that when he sleeps, I secretly sit and work.

   But in reality, the cold air, warm hugs, and soft blankets make my eyes flutter down. The more I sit and watch him all day and all night, I can't sleep.

   My heart was breathing upside down all the time until I was exhausted like this, and moving away from the other's arm seemed impossible.

   Behind the curtain l Behind the scenes

 

Behind the Scenes: MAINPAGE

OTHER TRANSLATIONS

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of Yanxi Palace, Chapter 40: The Vicious Dog