Skip to main content

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 7

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 7

   Pran l talk

   I sat and watched the other sleeping with his eyes closed on my lap, Pat's breath was warm and tight.

   He is getting a very pretty mouth, probably because a large amount of alcohol has not diluted. I sighed as I heard the sleepwalking call my name murmuring in his throat.

   Napat, as I know he is playful, annoying, smiles and doesn't stress about the goings on, there's always a bright light around him.

   But even then, he was still a worrisome and thoughtless person.

   He is a type who doesn't care about anything, just have fun first then worry about the danger later.

   But the events that happened to him always had an impact on me. If I were to talk about it, I can show you the most picture, it's probably the story just now.

   How many people are so drunk that they are robbed by a taxi and dumped in front of Seven Eleven? And also lay spread out for the dog to lick his mouth like him.

   It was so hot that I had to wander in the middle of the night when it was time for me to relax or concentrate on my work.

   In addition to diligently looking for a headache, he also became crippled and acted like a bratty.

   Now I'm not sure if we are enemies, friends, or if we are father and son. I cursed him every day, cursing so much that I couldn't create new words in time.

   As soon as the day came, I started to get tired of talking and complaining about the same things. Because apparently the other party can't change anything, which is probably the same as me.

   Even though I was fed up with him…but I could never ignore it when he asked for help.

   The sound of the professor's applause from the front of the room a few times and the bright lights brought us back to our bodies.

   After listening to a lecture about the non-standard sanitation system for almost an hour.

   I secretly rubbed my eyes and twisted lazily to chase away the aches and pains from my body.

   Last night, before going to sleep, I could almost hear the birds singing. I sniffed myself out of the dorm for an early morning class at 8 o'clock.

   I left later than usual because I had been searching for a packet of porridge in the cupboard and squeezing lemon juice, leaving it for the guy on the couch who should have woken up with a heavy hangover.

   You read correctly that I let him sleep on the sofa, well he had not showered, if he is mixed with something I don't know.

   Do you think that wiping your body will be hygienic enough for him to get into my bed? How kind is it that I'm willing to take that rotten little brother and tuck it in his chest?

   It's the dirtiest I've ever held.

   “Did you eat before coming here? Pran.” The thought in my head vanished as the sound of Wai roused me out of my reverie. I turned to see him wrapped up the notebook and stationery in his backpack. “Did you check today?”

   “Should have checked, but stopped by to clear the zone at the library first. Why didn't you finish last night?”

   “Well, I'm going to sit with you now. But today probably won't check. I'm not quite sure yet.”

   “What about Kai and the guys?”

   “He queued for Chanpen; he went there with Golf since the professor canceled the class.”

   “Huh?”

   “What is wrong? Today you look gloomy! Are you stressed about work?”

   “No, I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I'm sleepy.”

   “After eating, go back to the dormitory first, man? You can check it out tomorrow evening.”

   “It's okay, I'm fine.”

   “Sure?”

   “Sure.” I nodded again and smiled at him.

   Wayakorn is my closest friend and we've known each other since pre-university.

   We have been tutoring together, we help each other pass the university entrance exam, when the result was announced I sat in front of the computer with him to check them.

   I remember that website crashed when we were checking, but some friends were able to look at the entrance exam papers posted in front of the faculty.

   When we heard that and we both got up at the same time without looking at each other, we ran to a taxi straight away to the faculty.

   Before we jumped up screaming and cheering each other until we forgot to be embarrassed when we saw our own name and surname coming in consecutively. I was in fourth, he was in fifth and we attended the same faculty, same room, and were close friends.

   We meet face to face almost every day. If you call me wherever I am, he is there. Maybe because we've been through a lot together.

   Therefore, we are more worried about each other than normal friends. He is a good friend. I want to be a good friend for him too.

   “We haven't come to eat at the central canteen for a long time, I can't choose a restaurant.”

   I laughed when Wayakorn turned left and right to look cheerfully at the restaurant that was lined up as far as the eye could see.

   Usually, Architecture kids like us when classes end, we don't rush home and go back to the dormitory for work, or wait to check the model with the professor on the building.

   Rarely, we would bring ourselves to a central cafeteria like this. This is the largest cafeteria closest to the university library.

   It's a place where kids from every faculty will sit and mingle and unlike the faculty cafeteria, they only look back and forth with the same friends.

   Even though there are many shops to choose from and there are only beautiful new faces as eye candy.

   But because of how many people it is, it’s rare to find an empty table. Repeat some restaurants that are very delicious. There will be people queuing for so long that you can't wait as well.

   “You go take a look. I'll watch the table for you first.”

   “Hey, you go first. I'll keep an eye out for you,” he said, moving to sit down next to me.

   “No, I'm hot. I still don't want to eat. I want to eat ice cream first.”

   “Come again and, your popsicle addict, you don't eat food you just want to eat cold sugar cubes.”

   “You talk a lot.”

   “Yes! I'm going now.”

   I nodded, swiping my hand away at him before tilting my neck back and forth in fatigue and I slumped over my upper arm.

   Thinking that it was so long that I almost fell asleep, I had to startle up first when the cold, wet touch touched my cheek.

   “Hoy!”

   When my eyes refocused, I found a cup of white and green ice cream near my face. I turned to look at the villain who had woken me up in a childish manner and furrowed my brows in displeasure.

   “What are you playing at? dirty”

   “Bought it for you and you still curse me, your favorite toothpaste-flavored ice cream.”

   “Mint flavor”, is your father's toothpaste this delicious? “Yes! It is”

   “Eat and eat food too.”

   “If I'm hungry”

   “Do you eat often like this, check your sugar or you will have diabetes already?”

   I ignored the words Wai said and turned to open the lid of my favorite ice cream cup in front of me in a good mood.

   The smooth mint green ice cream was revealed as the paper lid was pulled away, and the large mouthful was taken with a spoon.

   It is a taste that is most suitable for our home climate. Even though most of the people around me sneered when they saw me eating ice cream or mint milk.

   This shit face likes to be compared with toothpaste all the time. Its sweet and cool flavor cleared my head and gave up the hustle and bustle of thoughts in my head for a few moments.

   Because of this, I am very addicted to ice cream. When I get frustrated, just having a cup of ice cream makes me calm down.

   “How delicious is that?”

   “I like my stuff.”

   “Would you like another cup?”

   “I'll eat it all, and if it's not enough, I'll go buy it myself.” I said reverting his sarcastic sentence, and I turned to look at the bowl of noodles. In an instant, it's all gone, “Do you eat or stuff yourself? Let the esophagus know that food has entered.”

   “I like mine.”

   I rolled my eyes and put another scoop of ice cream in my mouth until the person next to me moved closer.

   “Eat your own words.”

   “What is wrong with you? You don't like it, don't you?”

   “Let's try again. Every time I see you eat; I feel like it must be delicious every time.”

   “No matter how many times you try it, the taste is the same. Now make a face at me again.”

   “Cmon, take that into account.”

   As soon as the cup was handed over, the other party opened its mouth and waited. I sighed, shook my head, but quickly shoved it into my mouth.

   “Hmm...” He moaned, “As usual.”

   “Knowing this and you need to write down your brain, don't ask me why I eat this stuff, again.”

   “Don't make such a delicious face to steal again, you idiot.”

   Oh bastard, I like my delicious food, I was wrong.

   Ping!!

   We almost flinched when half of the glass filled with water was slammed hard on the table until the water inside splashed out.

   The surrounding people turned around, as shocked as me and Wai.

   I looked up at the rude man who had mastered the action just a moment ago, we found Napat standing with a furrowed brow furrowed in dissatisfaction.

   What is he going to do next? Best Let's find out what's going on now. Hey, this is a central canteen. Full of people, there are ten faculties.

   “What does he want now???” I furrowed my brows, looking back at the other person's eyes, I said in a flat tone. As the crowd of people sitting at the nearby table all got up and walked away.

   “Nothing”, the thump of the thump, sounds disturbing. The corner of my eyes saw that Wai twitched until I had to move and grab hold of his arm, and that made Napat jump into a chair.

   Pang!

   “What's wrong with you? If you want to rampage just go rampage elsewhere. This center is not a place for anyone, so don't come looking for fights.” They rushed back and forth with emotion, even more like accelerating the atmosphere.

   “Wai, you calm down, let's go.”

   “Well, you look at him, now that there's a lot of shit sitting here, don't sit, come to a fight, water splashes all over my clothes, don't you see?”

   The person next to me spoke with a puzzled expression, periodically looking at the other party. Before I reached out and grabbed the hem of my shirt at the end of the sentence.

   Plug!

   “What's wrong with you!!”

   “Wai!” Suddenly, the spoiled dog suddenly came in and pushed his chest so hard that the person being pushed into an emotional upheaval shouted so that he would jump back into the fist. I hurriedly called his friend's name and pulled his arm back. “This is the central cafeteria; the professor will see and you will get into trouble.”

   The other person took a deep breath of displeasure. He cursed in his throat before turning and walking away.

   I turned to look at Pat with reprimanded eyes and ran after my best friend who was about to walk past the cafeteria door.

   “Wai!” I shouted the name of the man who was mad to lead first. Run upstairs to catch up, “Calm down.”

   “I'm calm, that asshole came fucking annoying, that fucker is the same on who bruised your stomach then.”

   “You don't lose your screws after it, them bastards are always like that.”

   “I hate his fucking face so much.”

   I licked my lips when I felt it dry until it started to hurt, the other party still grimaced and looked dead pissed off.

   So, I distracted him by pulling him to the university library instead. When we entered the room quietly, the air was cool, and we began to sit down and focus on the work.

   Wai had calmed down even though his face was still a bit frowning, but it was better than being fussy like being played with something like a while ago.

   The two of us spent nearly four hours stumbling across our own large paper templates.

   We sat scratching and writing for a while, then had to get up and look for books on the shelf. sat back with a large thick book

   I opened it and took a pencil and sketched it onto the paper. When the idea came to start working on, I felt like doing it for a while and started to go back to the bookshelf again.

   Keep doing this until your brain can't take it. We sat leaning against the back of the chair looking at each other.

   “You've got a headache now.”

   The person next to me spoke first and when I turned around to see he was shaking his head.

   “I hurt too, my PLAN sucks and doesn't fit.”

   “Don't just say PLAN! I'm still struggling with ZONING.”

   “But I saw Golf saying that Chanpen is scheduled to check ZONING for the whole group, isn't it?” So why are you sitting here fixing it?

   “Okay but what can I do, I'm not done yet”. He said that he sighed heavily, then slipped and lay face down on the table.

   “Then go back, I probably won't go up. It's over four o'clock.”

   “Um! You can go back.”

   We packed our bags, rolled up a piece of paper, clamped it in our arms, and walked out of the university library.

   I intend to go back to the dormitory. But as I walked towards the back garden for a while, my brows furrowed.

   Hearing the noise of the people behind the Faculty Engineering school building

   We had not decided to walk in and was stunned when we saw our junior running out in a shattered state.

   “Hoy! What's going on?” Wei hurriedly asked after the kid stepped closer to him.

   “Phii Wai Phii Pran my friends were swarmed inside. I'm going to go find someone to help. Can you help them?”

   I exhaled angrily, why are you guys so diligent in fighting?

   “Okay, let's go in.” We threw the bag and the work roll and placed it on the nearby wooden table, while also asking, “What the fuck is this time?”

   “It's a long story, Phii…”

   Seeing the junior speaking in a low voice while answering and having a headache, I hope this time my side is wrong. Without saying anything to me, Wei and I ran inside.

   The two of us were stunned when we saw the mad dog in the canteen at noon standing astride the juniors in his own face, grabbing his collar and yanking his fists again, because from the wounds on the child's face, it would not have to be guessed. Turns out that he probably suffered several punches.

   From his frustration when he was in the cafeteria, at a moment like this, Wai quickly rushed towards Pat.

   I was about to stop him but was attacked from the right. So, I had to ignore the attention of the two people over there. I came to deal with my own parties first.

   I was suffocating from exhaustion, with so much exhaustion from slapping with the man lying on the ground right now.

   When I turned around, my eyes widened when I saw Pat pounding his fist at Wai, who was lying on the floor on his back.

   I pulled myself back and ran in and pulled Pat's shoulder hard, but he must have not known whether it was me or not, blood was coming up when he hit me dead right in the face.

   It took everything to evade a straight punch but alas unexpectedly hit the side of the cheek quickly, a bitter taste of blood lingered in my mouth.

   I spit on the ground before standing up, ignoring the hand that tried to support me.

   When I lifted my head, I met Napat's eyes, who seemed to have regained consciousness, and the other's face flashed with complete worry.

   But I didn't care, I just gritted my teeth when I saw Wayakorn's condition. I pushed him hard and rushed over to support Wai, who was now almost unconscious.

   Usually, we fight each other often but never once have I seen Pat this serious, Wai was almost unconscious.

   “Pran…”

   The sound of my name calling softly came from the other's mouth.

   I pretended not to hear and pulled up my best friend to get out of there, with another junior running to help.

   I took Wai back to the dormitory and helped him wipe the wound on his face, enough for him to eat and take medicine and see for sure.

   After seeing that there was nothing but a cracked mouth and a bruise on the cheek that he had to go back to his room.

   Even now, I'm still frustrated. I don't know what caused this frustration.

   But of course, today I was shocked by Pat's mental breakdown.

   When the other party's heavy punch hit my cheek, my heart felt lost as well.

   Probably because we've never fought each other so seriously that we want each other to be seriously damaged and bones breaking kinda fights even once.

   Even though he received quite a few bruises, it was never as severe as today…

   Knock knock

   I turned to look at the door when I heard two soft knocks, this time not from my tongue tapping against the roof of my mouth.

   But it was the sound of a hand actually knocking on the door. Taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself down a bit before getting up and walking to open it.

   As expected, as soon as the door opened, Napat was standing outside. I looked back at him and asked in a low voice.

   “So, you are here.”

   “Pran…” The other party moaned my name and his hand moved to touch the swollen wound on the side of the cheek. But I moved away, “I'm sorry.”

   “Will you come and get your doll?”

   “May I come in?”

   “If you know you have to ask me, you probably know that you can't.”

   “Pran.”

   “Wait, I'll go get it for you.”

   I think that when I'm done, I go back and go to pick up the doll that is on the sofa and return it to the owner.

   but did not move far the door slammed shut and another man came in and grabbed my arm.

   And at the same moment that I pulled my arm away from his touch, hard turned back to meet his eyes.

   The other party furrowed his brows in dissatisfaction with my expression.

   “Why are you so angry with me? You're not happy like this because I punched that bratty bastard!”

   “Don't you pretend you don't know your fucking fault, Pat!”

   “What the hell did I do wrong! it was your junior, they are bad this time. He came to drink alcohol and tricked my junior girlfriend first!”

   “So, what! What wrong did Wai do for you to have to punch him that much!!”

   “Well, he came and helped that bastard punch us, I just punched back. So where did I go wrong?!”

   “…Then why didn’t you punch me like that?”

   “…”

   “Why did you not punch me until I passed out.”

   “Pran…”

   “You can go get your stuff and leave.”

   “Are you kicking me out?”

   “Oh, I'm kicking! You and I are enemies so why are you in the enemy room like me?”

   “Pran.”

   “I told you to go get your stuff and leave.”

   “…”

   I stood still, turning my gaze away, even though the sight that dragged me to look there wasn't anything interesting.

   But I forced myself not to turn to look at him, preventing myself from feeling anything in the other person's eyes that were staring in disbelief.

   And trying to pretend not to care even when the door opens…and closes quietly.

   TBC

   Behind the curtain l Behind the scenes

 

Behind the Scenes: MAINPAGE

OTHER TRANSLATIONS

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of Yanxi Palace, Chapter 40: The Vicious Dog

Behind the Scenes [Bad Buddy the Series], Chapter 15